Monday, October 8, 2007

Why Do You Go To Church?

Why do you go to Church every Sunday? Do you have an agenda or are you going to worship God with a community of believers that you are connecting with? Sunday worship is the beginning of the week and it is a time to come together and celebrate as a family. While that is what it is about in its basic form we do not realize that much anymore. People are coming to Church with an agenda that revolves around their needs. Shame on the Church of America for this attitude.

As a Pastor I must tell you that I love the Church because it was started by Jesus and in a dark moment in my life during the month of February almost 10 years ago He changed me forever. I do not come to Church with an obligation to preach each week. I come to Church to worship my God with sincerity and to fellowship with my Church family. But I understand that many are coming for something. What that something is can make all the difference in your life.

If you are coming to Church to worship, hear a word from God, or to fellowship then you are coming with the right attitude and can expect God to move in you and through you. If you are coming to fulfill an agenda or out of obligation then it is time to repent of that attitude. I have seen it many times that those with the biggest problems in with the Church usually are the ones spending the least amount of time with God. If you want to experience the presence and movement of God then spend quality time with Him each day and watch how you begin to enjoy Sunday worship in a more complete way. Ask yourself why you are going to Church on Sunday. If it is for the wrong reasons then spend the rest of the week sorting it out with God.

No comments: