Saturday, October 6, 2007

Christian Music Makes Me Think

When I first became a Christian I listened to some hard core music. At the recommendation of my first Pastor I started to listen to Christian music just 10 years ago. It wasn't easy at first to switch from TOOL and Alice in Chains to the Christian music scene, but gradually I fell in love with contemporary Christian music. I was reflecting on all of this today as I was driving back home with my son on our father/son outing. We turned the music up and I began to praise God while he just sat back and called me "silly." The Christian music that is out there today is solid stuff that has many theological truths in it. And every once in a while a song comes along that really grabs a hold of me.

This month I heard a new song by artist Brandon Heath that I believe many can relate too. You can go to his site at http://www.brandonheath.net/ then click onto the place where it says you can watch the video. This video and the song is a reminder that change can take place in all of our lives as we keep walking with God and turning over our faults and sins to him. Plus it just has a good sound. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments: