Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Why Would You Say That?

I was reading a Christian blog a few weeks back and noticed something interesting. The person wrote something like "when I was in Seminary!" When I read that I as shocked because it reads as if the person has gone through Seminary which is not the case. The person who wrote the quote attended a few classes at Seminary. Sometimes we want to make ourselves out to be people we are not. Unfortunately this is not the first time that I have heard this statement from someone. The pastor that I did my internship underneath did the same exact thing as the blogger and like the blogger had only a few Seminary classes under his belt as well.

I get a bit worked up when people present themselves to be something they are not. I get a bit angry when this happens with those who claim to be Christians. God did not save us for who we were He saved us because He loves us. Knowing that I am loved by God is a driving force in my life. Knowing that helps me to remember that no matter what others think of me I need to be content with who I am in Christ Jesus. Those who are not in Christ will always boast of who they are and what they have. In the Church we need to be different from the world and live lives of integrity. When we make ourselves out to be something that we are not we break the heart of the ONE who calls us His own. Being content with who we are is not always easy, but it is the road that we have been called to travel on.

1 comment:

Gerrard Fess said...

I tend to do that too and only having a year of seminary ... its an expression but make sure people know I didn't complete but still pursuing ... though some do think I finished seminary. I enjoyed going to alot of the classes and learning but right now enjoy too much the school of hard knocks!