Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Changing Seasons and New Life

The fall is my favorite time of year. I have always loved the fall since my grade school years. Most people like when the seasons change because we get tired of the way things are after a short while. For me the change of seasons is a reminder that the world and all around it is constantly moving forward. But are we changing in the Church like the seasons do with regularity? Are we becoming more fruitful each season and bringing more glory to God today than yesterday? The promise of the Christian life is one of constant change and renewal, but I wonder if we have forgotten that?

I know that without Christ my life has no value or meaning to it. I also know that without constant submission to Christ my life can get of track so very quickly. At one time in my life I did not like change very much, but in the past 2 years I welcome change in a way that I never thought was possible before. Change is exciting and always brings a fresh feel to things. As a Christian I want to be so connected to God that I allow His Spirit constantly change me from the inside out. I don't know if you want that or not, but it is a new life in the scriptures that is promised to every believer. When we learn to submit ourselves to God and truly let Him transform us we will not be as frustrated with ourselves and other people. I know from reading the word of God that I can have a greater spiritual life if I only allow God to move and submit to that movement. Like the fall I want to change and glorify God with a life of excellence.

No comments: