Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Respond If You Want

When I started this blog I left the comments section of each article open to anyone who wanted to respond. After receiving anonymous comments from a guy at my former ministry I changed it to blog members only. I have decided once again to open every article up to anyone who chooses to respond. Of course this time I have enough sense to moderate every comment like a few of my brothers in ministry do on their blogs. I probably will let any negative comments into the articles because I like other perspectives and I enjoy a good debate. The Church cannot be afraid to debate one another in this postmodern milieu we find ourselves in. Christians need to engage other Christians to promote greater harmony and to hopefully build a greater desire to reach out beyond the sanctuary walls of our rote routine.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'll be the first to take you up on your offer: I'd be glad to comment on here. I always enjoy your thoughts and sense that you are a kindred spirit to me: conservative but not over the top or petty.

I really recommend moderating your comments, there are some real crazies out there! I like the way that wordpress does it: I can let any comment go through, but it emails me so I can remove those that are just ugly.

Keep up the good work!

Pastor Jeff said...

Grabage Man (Love the Name),

Thanks for your kind thoughts my brother, they are always welcome and appreciated (even if we will not always agree).

I should have explained on the article a little better that the reason for moderation was due to a very angry guy from my former ministry who liked to bash me. It was a case of I love you to your face, but will be mean to you through email situations.

I will let just about most things through, but will not let anyone bash each other. We have to have a Christian attitude even when we disagree. God Bless.

Gerrard Fess said...

That is SAD. If someone wants to attack you or anyone - at least they should have the guts to give their name.

Pastor Jeff said...

Gman,

Thanks for your comments also. You are right! Anonymity for many of us means that from the start you lose your credibility.

In the techno-age though it will happen from time to time.

GMAN has a good blog if you want to check it out I have it linked. The only thing that bothers me about his page is that he is one of those pro-Candadian people from Canada who is a complete nut when it comes to hockey. Hey....we all have our problems.

Malsteem said...

The only way I can tell if people are looking at my blog is the comments section. I have thought of moderating them, and at the same time I enjoy free speech.

Malsteem said...

I enjoy your blog Jeff,

If you and everybody else that list me as Malsteem please change it to "Imperfect Warrior" I would appriacte that.

-M